|Peas, Carrot & Beans Poriyal – Simple Lunch Recipes|
Today i’m sharing a very simple and easy stir fry recipe which requires less than 10 mins to prepare. I have been getting request to share veg recipes and i also have few veg recipes in draft yet to be shared. I’ll be sharing those recipes in coming days along with the newly prepared recipes.
I have already shared few simple poriyal recipes like Carrot Stir-Fry, Carrot & Methi Poriyal, Beans with Toor Dal Poriyal. You might be thinking why i have shared this recipe when i had already posted carrot poriyal recipe. The combination of carrot, beans and peas gives unique taste and this poriyal is served in most of the functions. Though i have also added Masala powder but it is purely optional. And a pinch of cumin powder takes it to a different level of flavor. Lets check the recipe,
Overall time : 10-15 mins
- 2 Carrots – peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped french beans / green beans
- 1/4 cup fresh green peas
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 2-3 dry red chilies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp sandwich masala powder – optional
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu / black gram)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Heat 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai and temper mustard seeds, urad dal, red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and saute a while. Add chopped carrot, beans and green peas. combine well everything.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, asofoetida, masala powder and salt to taste. Mix everything and sprinkle 1 tsp water. Cook it covered on medium-low flame for 5-8 mins and serve hot with rice or chapati/poori.
- You can also use this poriyal as stuffing for poori or chapati roll and give it to kids for lunch.