|Mullangi Pachadi / Raita – Easy Lunch Recipes|
Mullangi / Radish Pachadi, a typical south indian style preparation which tastes similar to Mor Kuzhambu / Buttermilk Curry. The addition of peanuts, cumin and ginger makes it more interesting. I referred a tamil cookery book and adjusted the quantities to suit 2 persons. Lets check the recipe,
Overall time (Preparation & Cooking) : 10 mins
- 1/2 cup grated radish
- 1/2 cup curd / yogurt
- 1 green chili – finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / powder
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal (ultham paruppu / black gram)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Grind chili, ginger, cumin powder, roasted coriander seeds and peanuts. Add 1 or 2 tsp water and grind to smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds, curry leaves and urad dal.
- Add grated radish and fry for a min on low-medium flame. Add ground paste and saute a while. Add curd, asofoetida and salt to taste.
- Stir well everything and cook for a min. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Serve with rice or roti.
- You can store it in refrigerator for 1 or 2 days. Serve it with roti, rice or Kambu Soru.
- I have already shared an easy version of Mullangi Raita which can be served with Roti alone. This second version is a south indian style preparation which goes very well with steamed rice.