|Potato & Moong Sprouts Sandwich – Simple Sandwich Recipes|
Potato & Sprouts Sandwich, a spicy and filling sandwich recipe which can be enjoyed by all age group. Homemade Moong Dal Sprouts and Mashed Potatoes are cooked together with a touch of Punjabi Garam Masala. This mixture is used as a filling for Sandwich. You can also veggies like carrot and peas. I referred Tarla Dalal’s Cookbook on Sandwich Varieties and modified few ingredients. Lets check the recipe,
Overall time : 20-25 mins
- 4 bread slices (i have used whole wheat bread)
- 1/2 cup Green Gram Sprouts or (Mixed Sprouts) – homemade or store-bought
- 1 medium sized Potato (boiled & mashed)
- 2 tbsp grated raw mango – optional
- 1 small sized onion – finely chopped
- 1 small tomato – finely chopped
- 1 green chili – finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (or) paav bhaji masala
- asofoetida – a pinch
- salt to taste
- 2 Cheese slices – optional
- Ghee (or) Butter – optional
- Boil Sprouts for 10 mins in enough water. Drain the water completely and keep the sprouts aside. You can use the water to prepare curry.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Add chopped onions and green chilies. Saute a while. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute a while.
- Add turmeric powder and garam masala. Stir well. Add Boiled Sprouts and asofoetida. Cook for 2 mins on low-medium flame.
- Add mashed potatoes and salt to taste. Cook the whole becomes dry and remove from the heat. Allow to cool.
- Take a bread slice and spread little ghee / butter on one side. Spread 1 or 2 tbsp of sprouts mixture. Keep a cheese slice. Cover this with another bread slice. Assemble the other sandwich bread too. Place them in a sandwich maker or grill sandwich maker or grill or just fry on tava. I have used Grill Sandwich Maker. Prepare it according to the instruction given in the manual of sandwich maker. Cut into slices and serve.
- You can also use mint chutney or gongura chutney as spread.
Check out other easy Sandwich Recipes shared in my space,