Baby Corn & Capsicum Curry / Stew, a mild spiced curry with a nice flavor of Bell Pepper and crunchiness of Baby Corn. The combination of Baby Corn and Capsicum is an universal combination which suits all cuisines. I have tried it with south indian style of cooking with all those fresh ground masala of Coconut, Curry leaves and Spices.
Instead of grinding all the raw ingredients, you can also roast the same with little oil. You can also try this curry with Bell Pepper / Capsicum alone or with a combination of Potatoes.
Baby Corn & Capsicum Curry
a mild spiced curry with a nice flavor of Bell Pepper and crunchiness of Baby Corn.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- For Curry :
- ½ cup chopped Baby Corn
- ½ cup chopped Capsicum / Green Bell Pepper
- ¼ cup chopped Carrot – optional
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 2 Kalpasi (black stone flower) – optional
- 1 tbsp lemon juice – optional
- ½ tsp pepper powder – optional
- For Masala Paste :
- 15 curry leaves
- ¼ cup chopped coconut
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 4 dry red chilies
- 2 cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Baby Corn Capsicum Curry
To Prepare Masala Paste :
- Grind all the above mentioned ingredients in a mixer adding enough water to smooth paste. Keep it aside.
To Prepare Curry :
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Temper mustard seeds and kalpasi. Add chopped onions and curry leaves.
- Cook for a min on low flame. Add chopped vegetables and turmeric powder. Saute a while on low-medium flame.
- Add ground masala paste and 2-3 cup water. Add salt to taste and close the lid. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.
- Remove from the heat and let the pressure settles down. Open the lid and reheat the curry.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and lemon juice. Let it boil for a min and switch off the flame. You can also skip this step. Serve this curry with roti or rice.