Masala Palak Paratha / Spinach Roti, a simple yet healthy flat-bread made with spinach puree and flavored with the combination of spices. This paratha can be prepared when there is some leftover spinach in your pantry. In this method, no sauteing is done. You can either follow this method or saute the puree with 1 tsp oil and little mustard seeds. The addition of curd will make the paratha too soft. But it is optional. Instead of preparing spinach puree, you can also chop them and mix with flour. You can prepare it by following any method.
I served spinach paratha with dry mango pickle and Paneer Simla Mirchi Salan. I followed the exact method of Hyderabadi Mirchi Salan. The salan was too thick and also a great accompaniment for roti.
How to prepare Palak Paratha
Masala Palak Paratha | Spinach Roti
a simple yet healthy flat-bread made with spinach puree and flavored with the combination of spices.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- 2 cup Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Spinach Puree
- 2-3 tbsp Curd / Yogurt
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- Sieve wheat flour. Combine all above mentioned ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add enough water and knead to a smooth dough. Add 1 tsp oil and knead it. Close it and keep aside for 30 mins.
- Take the dough and divide into equal sized balls. Take a ball and roll it using roller pin. It should not be too thick or too thin.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. Grease with little oil/ghee. Cook paratha till brown spots appear on both the sides. Proceed with the remaining balls. Serve paratha with raita and pickle.