Egg-less & Butter-less Dates Cake, a super soft and moist cake loaded with the flavor of dates. I tried this recipe from Priya Ranjit‘s Space. In the original recipe, she did mention to add dry nuts but i skipped that option. The dry nuts will give crunchy taste. Since dates is my favorite, i didn’t dare to add nuts and wanted to enjoy the whole flavor of dates.
Instead of wheat flour, you can try the recipe with maida flour. As Priya mentioned in the original recipe, the color of cake depends on the color of dates used.
How to prepare Eggless Dates Cake
Eggless & Butterless Dates Cake
a super soft and moist cake loaded with the flavor of dates.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 and ¼ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 20 Dates – chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 and ½ cup milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Combine milk, brown sugar and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl. Add oil to it and blend it well. Add chopped dates and blend it again. Keep it aside.
- Sieve wheat flour, maida, baking powder and baking soda. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder. Mix everything well. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Mix everything well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins. Take a greased loaf pan/cake pan. Fill it with cake batter. Keep the pan in oven and bake at 180 degrees C for 30-40 mins. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick at the center. It should come out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven. Let it rest for 2 mins. Transfer the cake carefully to the cooling rack and let it cool down completely. Slice the cake and serve.