Jowar Dates Laddu / Cholam Maavu Ladoo, an easy and healthy ladoo which can be prepared in less than 15 mins with just three main ingredients. All you need is to roast jowar flour to remove raw smell and cook with mashed dates for less than 5 mins. And you can enjoy this healthy ladoo which is also vegan.
If you have Cholam / Jowar grains, then roast it and grind in a mixer to smooth powder and proceed with the remaining steps. I have used Desiccated Coconut to cover the laddu which is totally optional. You can even add chopped coconut flakes for additional flavor. But i have used only dates and Badam Powder to keep it simple. Lets check the recipe,
Jowar Dates Laddu | Cholam Maavu Ladoo
an easy and healthy ladoo which can be prepared in less than 15 mins with just three main ingredients.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: south indian
- ½ cup Jowar Flour (Sorghum / Cholam Maavu)
- 10-12 Dates – seeds removed and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp chopped nuts – optional
- ¼ cup water
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Jowar Dates Ladoo
- Dry roast jowar flour in a pan or kadhai till nice aroma comes. Make sure to not burn it. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Heat chopped dates and water in the same pan. Stir well on low-medium flame. Once the water is absorbed and dates becomes mushy, add roasted jowar flour and chopped nuts.
- Stir well for 2 mins on low flame. Remove from the heat and keep aside. Don’t let it come at room temp otherwise you cant make ladoos. Grease your palm with oil and start making round shaped ladoos. Store in an airtight container and serve.