Ragi Ammini Kozhukattai / Mani Kozhukattai, a healthy savory snack which can be also enjoyed as breakfast and gets ready within 30 mins. I have been slowly incorporating millets in our daily diet, so you would get to see more number of millet recipes in my space.
I had already shared Ammini Kozhukattai with Homemade Rice Flour. Instead of rice flour, try this cute kozhukattai with ragi flour which makes it even more healthy. You can try the same with any millet flour. Instead of using any other oil for tempering, try gingelly oil which gives a nice aroma. For better results, serve this hot as breakfast or snack.
Ragi Ammini Kozhukattai | Millet Mani Kozhukattai
a healthy savory snack which can be also enjoyed as breakfast and gets ready within 30 mins.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Snacks
Cuisine: south indian
- For Dough (makes 20-22 small sized balls) :
- ¾ cup Ragi Flour (Finger Millet)
- water to knead
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp gingelly oil (or) sesame seeds oil
- For Tempering :
- 1 tbsp urad dal (ultham paruppu / black gram)
- 1 tbsp channa dal (kadala paruppu / bengal gram)
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- 2-3 dry red chilies
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- asofoetida – a pinch
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Ragi Ammini Kozhukattai
To Prepare Kozhukattai :
- Take ragi flour in a mixing bowl. Heat water, salt and oil in a pan on high flame. Once it starts boiling, remove from the heat.
- Add it to ragi flour and mix with the help of a wooden spoon or backside of ladle. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Close it and keep aside for 5 mins. Grease your palm with oil and make small balls of dough.
- Take a idli cooker/steamer and steam cook the balls for 10 mins on medium flame. Remove from the heat and keep it aside.
For Tempering :
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadai and temper mustard seeds. Add urad dal, channa dal, broken red chilies and curry leaves.
- Saute a while. Add grated coconut. Saute a while. Add asofoetida, cooked kozhukattai, red chili powder and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well and cook for 2 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.