|Pumpkin & Condensed Milk Halwa / Kaddu Halwa|
Pumpkin Halwa / Kaddu Halwa / Poosnikkai Halwa, an easy and quick dessert made from only 2 main ingredients Pumpkin Puree and Sweetened Condensed Milk. This sweet tastes more similar to Milk Peda / Palgova as we have used condensed milk. It can be prepared in less than 20 mins and best enjoyed when served cold or at room temp.
I cant believe that its my 1000th post and I have not yet even completed 3 years of blogging. As a treat, I have prepared this delicious Indian dessert with Pumpkin. I had some left over pumpkin puree after trying Vegan Pumpkin Bread on the other day, so made use of that. I would like to thank my family, friends and readers for giving your continuous support whenever i was frustrated or upset, which is so common in this blogging world. You all made me to achieve this in less than 3 years and I hope to share more and more number of interesting recipes with you all in coming days and future.
I had already shared another version of Pumpkin Halwa with Mawa which you can refer later. I have used pumpkin puree for this recipe, but you can even use grated Pumpkin and follow the method. In case if you are using grated ones, then squeeze out the water completely from grated pumpkin and then use it for cooking. You can even add grated nuts for crunchiness. Lets check the recipe,
Pumpkin & Condensed Milk Halwa | Kaddu Halwa
an easy and quick dessert made from only 2 main ingredients Pumpkin Puree and Sweetened Condensed Milk.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup Milkmaid (Condensed Milk)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Pumpkin Halwa
- Heat a non stick pan and add 1 tsp oil / ghee. Pour pumpkin puree and cook on low flame for 2-5 mins. Add cardamom powder and stir well.
- Add milkmaid and cook on low-medium flame for 13-15 mins till the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of pan. At this stage all the moisture in pumpkin will be absorbed and the mixture will be thick. Remove from the heat and serve cold.
Check out other Desserts which can be prepared with Condensed Milk,
- Mohanthal Recipe / Gram Flour Fudge – A Traditional Gujrati Sweet
- Coconut & Condensed Milk Burfi (Thengai Barfi)
- Condensed Milk Biscuits with Rose Syrup – Eggless Baking
- Strawberry & Pista Kulfi
- Rose Syrup Pudding
- Sago & Carrot Kheer (Carrot Javvarisi Payasam)
- Carrot Phirni (Carrot Pudding)
- Dry Fruits Kheer