Baby Corn & Capsicum Sabji, a quick and easy stir-fry recipe which can be enjoyed very well with roti or any indian flat bread. As this is dry version, it is better to serve with roti or make roti wraps with this as fillings.
Whenever, I’m not in mood to cook for dinner, I make some easy sabji or serve plain curd to go with roti. Mostly, it will be capsicum pepper fry. Last night, I tried this combo of Baby Corn & Capsicum for the quick fix and the result was excellent. It was crunchy and bit spicy.
The correct amount of Punjabi Garam Masala makes it more delicious. As I always say, for better results, try homemade masala which will never disappoint you and will make a simple dish smell so good.
Baby Corn Pepper Fry
Indian Style Baby Corn Stir-Fry
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Side
- 5-6 Baby Corn
- 1 Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper – chopped
- 1 onion – sliced (optional)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp or ¾ tsp black pepper powder – according to your need
- 1 tsp Punjabi Garam Masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 stick curry leaves (optional)
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Baby Corn Pepper Fry
- Cook baby corns in enough water for 10 mins or you can use it as it is for cooking. This step is purely optional. I have cooked it in water for 10 mins. Drain the water completely. Chop baby corns and keep aside.
- Heat 1 or 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add sliced onions and saute a while.
- Now, Add baby corns and capsicum cubes. Stir well. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute a while on low flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala. Stir well everything. Add pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Cook it covered on low flame for 12-15 mins. If it is too dry, then add 1 tsp oil in between or you can also add little water. You will not get crunchy sabji when water added. Serve hot with roti, chapati or rice.