Besan Mawa Ladoo / Kadalai Maavu Khoa Laddu, an another variety of besan ladoo which is prepared from milk solids / mawa and condensed milk. This recipe is very easy and takes 15-20 mins to prepare 15 ladoo. I had some left over mawa after trying Mohanthal recipe, which i had shared earlier. I always prepare my own homemade Mawa from scratch as it gives nice results and also smells good.
If you want to try Besan Ladoo with Jaggery, then do check this recipe, which is healthy and also takes less time to prepare. These ladoo will be chewy and you can also add chopped nuts for the crunchy taste. Lets check the recipe,
Besan Mawa Ladoo
an another variety of besan ladoo which is prepared from milk solids / mawa and condensed milk.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour / Kadalai Maavu
- 2 tbsp Mawa / Khoya / Khoa / Milk Solids (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tbsp roasted rava / semolina / sooji
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk (Nestle Milkmaid)
- 1-2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Besan Mawa Ladoo
- Heat ghee in a pan or kadai. Roast besan for 3-5 mins on low flame till nice aroma comes. Add grated mawa and stir well for 5 mins.
- Add roasted rava and cardamom powder. Stir again for 2 mins. Add condensed milk and cook for 8-10 mins till the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of pan.
- Remove from the heat and let it come to lukewarm stage. Don’t let it come at room temp. Grease your palm with oil / ghee and start making round shaped ladoos. Store it in an airtight container and serve.
Check other Diwali Sweet Recipes prepared with Besan / Gram Flour,
- Mohanthal Recipe / Gram Flour Fudge – A Traditional Gujrati Sweet
- Besan Gud Laddu / Besan Jaggery Ladoo (Kadalai Maavu Ladoo) – No Ghee & Sugar Sweets
- Mysore Pak – Diwali Sweets
- Sweet Boondi – Diwali Sweets
- Boondi Ladoo – Diwali Sweets
- Besan Ladoo (Bengal Gram Flour / Kadalai Maavu Laddu)
- Nan Khatai – Indian Eggless Cookie