Kamarkat / Coconut Jaggery Balls (Hard Ball Candy) , an indian version of hard ball coconut candy, which need only few ingredients. I had previously shared another version of Coconut Jaggery Ladoo, for which we need jaggery syrup of only one string consistency, whereas for Kamarkat, we need hard ball consistency.
Kamarkat is a traditional south-Indian sweet which is almost vanished from the market. But still you can find some in road side petti kadai / shops. I never liked it much, I’m more fond of Thein Mittai and Petti Kadai Halwa. These balls are very healthy, as we have used palm jaggery here. Lets check this easy and also healthy Kamarkat recipe,
Kamarkat | Coconut Jaggery Balls
an indian version of hard ball coconut candy, which need only few ingredients.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: South Indian
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 1 cup grated jaggery / palm jaggery / karupati vellam
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil / ghee
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Kamarkat
- Mix cardamom powder with grated coconut and keep aside. Heat jaggery and water in a non-stick pan or kadai. Once jaggery is dissolved, strain it and heat again on low-medium flame.
- Keep a bowl of water ready to test the consistency. We need hard ball consistency to prepare this ladoo. Keep on stirring the syrup and add few drops of syrup in water to check the consistency.
- If it completely dissolves, then you have to continue boiling. And if the syrup gets settled at the bottom and you are able to roll it into small ball with the help of finger, then your syrup is ready.
- Add coconut to it and cook till the mixture starts leaving the sides of pan. Remove from the heat and let it cool for a min. Grease your palm with oil or ghee and start making ladoo. Be careful while making ladoo, since the mixture will be sticky and also hot. Store in an airtight container and serve.