|Chimli Urundai Recipe / Ragi & Sesame Seeds Balls|
Ragi Til Ladoo / Chimli Urundai, a healthy and traditional ladoo recipe made from Ragi, Sesame Seeds and Peanuts. For sweetness, we are adding Karupati Vellam / Palm Jaggery. Overall, these sweet balls can be enjoyed by any age group people starting from kids to elders.
- 2 cup Ragi flour (Finger Millet / Ragulu / Kezhvaragu) – homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup sesame seeds / til / ellu
- 1 cup peanuts
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- 1 cup grated jaggery / karupati vellam
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Chimli Urundai
- I’m using homemade ragi flour, so I didn’t roast it. If you are using store-bought flour, then roast it and use. Dry roast sesame seeds, cardamom and peanuts separately.
- Each ingredient takes its own time to roast. Allow it to cool. Keep them aside. Take ragi flour and knead to smooth dough adding enough water.
- Heat tava or frying pan on low flame. Take the dough and divide into 2-3 balls. Place a ball on tava and with the help of your fingers flatten the ball to form a thick disc. Apply oil all over the sides and make sure the white spots doesn’t appear over roti.
- Let it cook for 3-5 mins on low flame. No brown or white spots should appear. Remove roti and keep aside. Similarly prepare roti with remaining dough.
- Now grease your palm and break roti into pieces when it is still hot. Grind sesame seeds in a mixer to coarse powder. Keep it aside.
- Similarly, grind peanuts and cardamom in a mixer to coarse powder and keep aside. Now, grind ragi roti pieces in a mixer to powder. The powder will be little moist.
- Take a ladle full of ground ragi, sesame seeds, peanuts and grated jaggery. Grind them together in a mixer till everything combines well and gives a sticky mixture.
- Proceed with the remaining ground ingredients. Combine all the sticky mixture in a bowl and start making balls / ladoo.