Methi and Green Peas Pilaf, a healthy one pot meal recipe perfect for this winter season. The fresh aroma of methi leaves and garam masala makes this dish more delicious. It is very light and not spicy.
Adding curd is totally optional. To make it vegan, you can try adding coconut milk and adjust the quantity of water. Coconut milk will make it more rich. The combination of potato, cauliflower, mushroom can be tried along with methi and green peas.
Other recipes with Methi Leaves,
Methi Matar Pulao
a healthy one pot meal recipe perfect for this winter season
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- 1 cup basmati rice – soaked in water for 20 mins
- ½ cup chopped fresh methi leaves (fenugreek leaves / vendhyam keerai)
- ½ cup fresh green peas (matar)
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
- 3 green chilies – chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp curd / yogurt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamom
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Methi Mushroom Pulao
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add bay leaf and crushed cardamom. Saute a while and add chopped onions and green chilies. Cook for a min.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute a while. Now, add methi leaves, green peas, turmeric powder and garam masala. Stir well everything.
- Add curd and a pinch of salt. Cook it covered for 2-5 mins. Add 2 and 1/2 cup water and salt to taste. Once it starts boiling, add washed and drained rice. Cook it covered on low-medium flame for 10 mins or till rice is cooked properly. Serve hot with raita or any veg / non-veg gravy.