Eggless Ragi Banana Bread, a healthy twist to regular banana bread and an easy way to feed ragi millet to your kids. The banana variety, which I have used here is too sweet, so adjust the quantity according to the variety you use. You can replace honey with dates, sugar, brown sugar or jaggery.
Ragi Banana Bread | Eggless Ragi Honey Bread
a healthy twist to regular banana bread and an easy way to feed ragi millet to your kids.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup ragi flour / finger millet
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ¾ cup mashed banana (I used 4 small sized banana)
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder – optional
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup curd / yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Ragi Banana Bread
- Sieve ragi and wheat flour. Combine flour mixture with salt, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg powder. Keep it aside.
- Blend curd till smooth using electric blender or hand whisk. Add honey and olive oil. Mix it well. Add mashed banana and blend it again.
- Add this wet mixture to dry mixture and combine everything well. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 10 mins. Grease bread/loaf pan with little oil. Pour batter into the pan and tap it.
- Keep pan in middle rack of oven and bake at 180 degree C for 30-40 mins. Once the upper crust turns light brown, insert a toothpick at the center and it should come out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven and let it cool for around 5 mins. Remove the bread carefully and let it rest completely on cooling rack. Serve immediately or refrigerate it for later use.