Chocolate & Milk Powder Peda, an easy dessert made from milk, condensed milk, chocolate and milk powder. Its purely a milk sweet that can be prepared in 15-20 mins. I prepared these cute pedas two days back for my parents as we were visiting them for Pongal celebrations. I wanted to make something easy which doesn’t take much time to prepare and also should be very light. We are huge fans of milk based sweets and specially my mom. You can avoid chocolate and keep it simple without adding any other flavors.
The milk powder will sure make lumps, so use a hand whisk to keep your work easy or mix milk powder with little warm milk to prepare paste and add this paste after boiling remaining milk. Other than that, this process is very simple and we need not check any consistency like we do to prepare peda using sugar syrup.
Other Milk based sweets,
Chocolate & Milk Powder Peda | Easy Peda Recipe
an easy dessert made from milk, condensed milk, chocolate and milk powder.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup warm milk
- ½ cup milk powder
- ½ cup milkmaid / sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- chopped pista / almonds – for garnishing
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Chocolate Milk powder Peda
- Heat milk in a non stick pan. Once it starts boiling, switch to low flame and start adding milk powder. Take a hand whisk and stir it to remove any lumps formed.
- Switch to low-medium flame and keep stirring to avoid sticking to sides of pan. Milk will turn creamy and will start reducing in quantity.
- At this stage, add cardamom powder and stir well. Once it reduces to half the quantity, add condensed milk and stir again. Keep stirring once in every 2 mins till you get thick mass.
- Now add cocoa powder and 1 tbsp ghee. Keep stirring and finally you will get sticky dough like mixture. Switch off the flame.
- Let it come to lukewarm stage. Grease your palm with oil / ghee and make small balls of the dough. Take a ball and press it lightly to form a disc like patty. Make a deep impression at the center of disc with the help of thumb or finger. Fill it with chopped pistachio or almonds. Finish the remaining balls and store peda in an airtight container.