Karuveppilai Paneer Tikka Recipe, a south-Indian style paneer tikka flavored with curry leaves. It is spicy, flavorful and too delicious. You can serve this with any spicy sauce. This is very easy to follow and you can use this tikka as fillings for roti wraps or simply serve this as snack.
Similarly, you can use chicken, prawn, cauliflower, mushroom or fish to prepare tikka with this simple method. And do not forget to check my Collection of Easy Paneer Recipes.
Other tikka or kebab recipes,
Karuveppilai Paneer Tikka | Paneer & Curry Leaves Tikka
a south-Indian style paneer tikka flavored with curry leaves.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Starter, Side
Cuisine: South Indian
- 30-35 Paneer Cubes / Cottage Cheese
- 1 small onion – chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 30-40 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp curd / yogurt
How to prepare South Indian Style Paneer Tikka
- Grind chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves to smooth paste without adding water. Transfer the paste to a mixing bowl. Add yogurt, turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and cumin powder.
- Mix everything well and marinate paneer cubes with this paste. Close it and keep aside for 2 hrs. Heat a non-stick pan or tava. Sprinkle 1 or 2 tbsp olive oil. Place marinated paneer on pan and fry for 10-15 mins on low-medium flame till it turns golden brown.
- You can use the left over marination sauce to prepare tikka masala or just pour this over fried paneer cubes and stir for a while to prepare juicy tikka. Remove tikka and insert them in skewers or use it as filling for wraps or roti.