Tandoori Spiced Potato & Broccoli, a very flavorful stir fry prepared with the combination of potato and broccoli. Tandoori Masala Powder gives this sabji an interesting twist of flavors.You can also try this with garam masala.
You can either use boiled or steamed broccoli for this stir-fry. To make it vegan, you can avoid curd and replace with cashew / almond paste to give rich nutty flavor. I prepared it semi-dry to serve with Radish Paratha. In case, if you want dry sabji, then avoid water and cook it adding 1 tsp oil in between to avoid burn. Semi-dry preparation gives you juicy and crunchy broccoli florets. Similarly, you can try adding other vegetables like cauliflower, green peas, beans and even mushroom.
Other recipes using tandoori spices,
Tandoori Spiced Aloo Broccoli Sabji
a very flavorful stir fry prepared with the combination of potato and broccoli.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Side
- 2 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup sliced potato wedges
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- asofoetida / hing – a pinch
- 2 tbsp curd / yogurt
- 1 tsp amchur powder / dried mango powder – optional
- salt to taste
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Tandoori Aloo Broccoli
- Soak broccoli florets in warm water for 2-5 mins. Drain the water completely and keep broccoli under running water for few seconds. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan or wok / kadhai. Add chopped garlic and saute a while. Now, add broccoli florets and potato wedges. Stir well.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, tandoori powder, coriander powder and hing. Saute well and add salt to taste. Cook it covered for 10 mins without adding water. Add curd and stir well. Cook it covered for another 5-10 mins.
- Add amchur powder and 2 tbsp water. Stir well everything and cook covered for 10 mins. If you need dry sabji, then cook it without adding water. Serve hot with roti or rice.