Achari Mushroom Matar Pulao, sharing another delicious pilaf recipe prepared with indian pickling spices. This pulao is strong in flavors and we enjoyed it with mutton dalcha. We are not adding red chili powder in pulao, so adjust the amount of red chilies added to prepare achari powder. To make it vegan, replace curd with lemon juice or dry mango powder / amchur. Just add 2 tsp lemon juice before adding rice. If you try this recipe, then do share your feedback with us.
Similar recipes made with achari powder,
Achari Mushroom Matar Pulao | Mushroom Peas Pilaf
delicious pilaf recipe prepared with indian pickling spices.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- To Roast & Grind : (Pickling Spices)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp kalonji (onion seeds)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 dry red chilies
- For Pulao :
- 1 and ½ cup basmati rice – soaked in water for 20 mins
- 2 tbsp curd / yogurt
- ½ cup chopped mushroom
- ¼ cup fresh green peas
- 1 medium sized onion – finely sliced
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Achari Mushroom Matar Pulao,
- Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under “Pickling Spices” for few seconds till nice aroma comes. Make sure to not burn them. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind them together in a mixer to coarse powder. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add sliced onions and cook for a min on low flame. Add chopped mint and coriander leaves. Saute a while. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well. Now, add mushroom and peas. Add turmeric powder and ground spices powder. Stir well everything.
- Add 2 tbsp curd and mix well. Cook it covered on low-medium flame for 8-10 mins. Add 3 cup water and allow to boil. Now, add rice and salt to taste. Cook it covered on medium flame for 10-15 mins. Serve hot with raita and veg/non-veg gravy.