|Broccoli Masala in Banana Leaf|
Broccoli Masala in Banana Leaf, today I’m sharing a very interesting and flavorful Broccoli Masala recipe which is prepared in Banana Leaf. Though Broccoli is very healthy and rich in nutrition, we always considered it as a boring vegetable. This recipe is our recent favorite after Tandoori Spiced Broccoli Sabzi. It is a bit dry masala which goes very well with roti / chapati / pulka.
Other dish prepared in banana leaf,
Broccoli Masala in Banana Leaf
flavorful Broccoli Masala recipe which is prepared in Banana Leaf.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Side
Cuisine: South Indian
- 2 and ½ cup Broccoli florets
- 1 medium sized onion – chopped
- 1 small tomato – chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ cup chopped coconut
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds / saunf
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Broccoli Masala in Banana Leaf
- Soak broccoli florets in warm water for 2 mins and keep it aside. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or wok / kadhai. Temper mustard seeds & fennel seeds. Add chopped onions, mint leaves and chopped coconut. Cook for a minute on low flame. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Saute a while. Add broccoli florets and salt to taste. Sprinkle 1 tbsp water and cook it covered for 5-8 mins. Remove from the heat. Take banana leaf, wash it and hold the leaves at the ends. Show it over direct flame and move the sides till leaf changes its color. We are doing this so that leaf is easy to fold without worrying about tear.
- Take the leaf and spread masala. Now, fold the leaf to form a parcel and tie it with twain. I made two parcels with the prepared broccoli masala. For more healthy version, you can also try steaming the parcel for 15 mins. Coming to the pan fry method, heat a non stick pan or tava. Pour 1 tbsp oil and allow it to spread.
- Keep the parcels and cook it covered for 10 mins. Turn over the sides of parcel once in 5 mins. The leaf will change its color and masala will smell heavenly. This is the sign your parcels are cooked. Now remove from the heat and open parcels. Serve it with rice or roti / chapati.