Oats, Cauliflower & Falooda Seeds PayasamRecipe, a healthy trio combination of oats, cauliflower and sweet basil seeds in kheer. Instead of sugar or condensed milk, I have added honey. You can also try adding grated jaggery. Always add Sabja seeds at the end, to retain its aroma.
Serve this kheer either as a dessert or prepare in advance and serve on next day morning, as it tastes delicious when served chilled. For styling purpose, I have used saffron strands as garnishing ingredient. You can also use ghee roasted nuts like cashew or pista.
Other payasam varieties,
Oats, Cauliflower & Falooda Seeds Payasam | Gobhi Sabja Kheer
a healthy trio combination of oats, cauliflower and sweet basil seeds in kheer.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cauliflower (cooked in water for 10 mins)
- 1 tbsp roasted oats
- 1 tbsp roasted semolina / rava
- 500 ml milk
- 1 and ½ tbsp Sabja Seeds / Sweet Basil Seeds / Falooda Seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Oats Cauliflower Falooda Seeds Payasam
- Cook cauliflower florets in water for 10 mins and drain the water completely. Chop them finely. Keep it aside. Soak falooda seeds in enough water for 30 mins. The seeds will absorb water quickly, so make sure to add more water. Heat milk for a min. Once it starts boiling, add chopped cauliflower and let it cook for 5 mins on low-medium flame.
- Add cardamom powder, honey and roasted rava. Stir well everything and let it cook for another 5 mins. Add roasted oats and cook for 2 mins. Finally, add drained falooda seeds and give a stir. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. You can garnish with ghee roasted cashews, raisins or saffron strands.
- Either serve it hot or keep it in refrigerator for 30 mins and serve chilled. You can also prepare this in advance and serve next day morning.