|Sweet Carrot & Badam Ladoo|
Carrot, Condensed Milk & Almond Balls, an easy to prepare and delicious ladoo variety made from sweet carrot, condensed milk, almond and pista. I would like to inform my readers that 10 of my ladoo recipes has been published in Aval Kitchen (Vikatan group), a popular Tamil magazine on Feb 1st 2015. Laddu is one of my most favorite indian dessert which is also my weakness 🙂 And sharing my favorite was equally excitement. Thank you my blog readers, followers and friends for your continued support and feedback. I have shared more than 20 varieties of Laddu in my blog and still hope to share more in the future.
Carrot, Condensed Milk & Almond Balls recipe is easy and can be prepared in less than 15 mins. You can also add mawa / milk solids / khoya for rich texture. The appearance of carrot ladoo looks more alike motichoor ladoo here. You can add roasted pumpkin seeds and raisins too. Those who want to avoid ghee, can replace it with oil. Lets check the recipe,
Sweet Carrot & Badam Ladoo
an easy to prepare and delicious ladoo variety made from sweet carrot, condensed milk, almond and pista.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup grated sweet carrot / delhi carrot
- ⅓ cup almond and pistachio
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk (Nestle Milkmaid)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tsp ghee / clarified butter
- Please check instructions below for step by step pics.
How to prepare Sweet Carrot Badam Ladoo,
- Heat a pan and dry roast almonds and pista for few seconds. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Grind it in a mixer to coarse powder. Keep aside. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and cook grated carrot on low-medium flame till all the moisture is absorbed. It may take around 2-3 mins.
- Add condensed milk and cardamom powder. Stir well. Cook for some 5 mins. Add ground almond and pista powder. Stir well everything and add remaining 1 tsp ghee. Cook till the mixture starts leaving the sides of pan and forms a sticky mass.
- Remove from the heat and let it come to lukewarm stage. Grease your palm with oil or ghee and start making round shaped balls. With the above mentioned quantity, you would get 10 laddu. Keep them in refrigerator for 30 mins so that they hold the shape very well. Serve or store in an airtight container.