|Mushroom & Soya Chunks Fried Rice|
Mushroom & Soya Chunks Fried Rice, a very easy indo-Chinese style fried rice recipe which doesn’t need spring onion or capsicum strips for the extra flavor. I have made it simple by just adding mushroom and small soya chunks. So its all browns 🙂 To make it colorful or more healthy, add carrot, beans, spring onion, celery, red or green bell peppers.
You can try the same combo with indian style by skipping soya and tomato-chili sauce and replacing them with our own garam masala and red chili flakes. It tastes great in both the ways. For non-vegetarian version, try adding scrambled egg, shredded chicken or prawn.
Similar fried rice recipes,
Mushroom & Soya Chunks Fried Rice
a very easy indo-Chinese style fried rice recipe which doesn’t need spring onion or capsicum strips for the extra flavor.
Author: Preeti Tamilarasan
Recipe type: Main
- 1 cup basmati rice – soaked in water for 15 mins
- 250 gms button mushroom – chopped
- ½ cup small soya chunks
- ¼ cup sliced onions
- 2 tsp pepper powder – according to your need
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 tsp tomato-chili sauce
- salt to taste
- Please follow the instructions below.
How to prepare Mushroom Soya Chunks Fried Rice
- Soak basmati rice in water for 15 mins. Cook 5-6 cup water in a vessel till it boils. Take the soaked rice and drain the water completely. Add rice to the boiling water. Now, Add salt and 2 tsp oil. Mix well and cook it uncovered on medium flame for 10-15 mins till the rice is 90% cooked. Remove from the heat and drain the water completely. Spread rice on a plate and keep aside.
- Soak soya chunks in warm water for 15 mins. Squeeze out the water from chunks. If the soya chunks are big in size, then chop them into pieces. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or deep bottomed wok / kadai. Add sliced onions and cook for a min on low-medium flame. Now, Add chopped mushroom and stir well. Cook for 5 mins till all the moisture is absorbed.
- Add soya chunks and ginger-garlic paste. Stir well. Cook till the mixture is dry. Add pepper powder, soya sauce and tomato-chili sauce. Cook for few seconds.
- Add salt to taste. Adjust the salt since soya sauce has salt in it. Add cooked rice and stir well. Cook for 2-5 mins on medium flame. Check the salt and adjust it. Serve with any manchurian sauce.