Homemade Multigrain Flour (Atta), how to prepare multigrain roti / chapati flour at home, very healthy and nutritious flour mix which can be used to prepare any indian bread variety, used for baking cake, bread, cookies, etc. Now preparing multigrain flour / atta at home is very easy. With the below mentioned quantity, we can prepare 5 kg Atta. For a 2 member family, this quantity can last upto 1 month.
I have used Punjab Godhumai. My mom always prepare this flour (with different combination of ingredients) in small quantity & asked me many times to try this. After reading the health benefits of homemade flour on various online forums, I finally decided to make a switch. You can also skip one or two ingredients from this list and try. For better results, serve roti when it is warm. If you are looking for millet based flour, then do check Health Mix Powder (Sattu Maavu) & Millet Mix recipes. The below mentioned quantity yields 5 kg of multigrain atta.
- 3 and ½ kg Whole Wheat / Godhumai
- 250 gms Ragi / Finger Millet
- 250 gms Kambu / Pearl Millet / Bajra
- 200 gms Oats
- 250 gms Cholam / Sorghum / Jowar
- 250 gms Channa Dal / Kadala Paruppu / Bengal Gram
- 200 gms Soya Beans
- 100 gms Barley
- Clean ragi, bajra, jowar, channa dal, soya beans and barley to remove small stones or dust particles. Dry roast the ingredients except oats and whole wheat grains till nice aroma comes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Combine all the ingredients together and grind in a flour mill. Let the flour come to room temperature after grinding. Store in an airtight container and use to prepare roti, chapati, phulka or any indian flat bread, bread with or without yeast, cake, cookies, etc..
- To Prepare roti, take 1 cup flour. Sieve flour and mix with little salt. Add enough water and knead to smooth dough. Add little oil while kneading. Cover the dough and keep aside for 20-30 mins. Heat a tava or frying pan. Make small balls of the dough and with the help of rolling pin, roll them into thin disc. Cook roti on tava until brown spots appear both the sides. Serve roti with veg / non-veg curry.