Mango, Nannari & Passion Fruit Juice, a healthy thirst quencher drink made from ripe mangoes, passion fruit and homemade indian sarsaparilla syrup. On our recent trip to Yelagiri, a small hill station near Chennai, we got hold of various fresh produce fruits like star fruit, rose apple, rose guava, indian plum, passion fruit and jackfruit. I had finished all the fruits except for passion fruit. Last time, when we bought passion fruit, I made Passion Fruit Lassi with it. So this time, with the combination of nannari syrup, made this healthy drink which doesn’t contain sugar or honey, as nannari syrup already contains palm sugar. I have used homemade nannari syrup which is totally chemical free. And the Sendura Mango variety is from an organic farm.
This drink is mild sweet and loaded with the flavors of mango and passion fruit. You can also add sugar / honey. Passion fruit contains lots of vitamins and minerals. Cut the fruit into two halves and extract the juice from its seeds by rubbing with your fingers. You can either throw the seeds after extracting juice or use it to garnish the drink. If you are looking for more number of varieties, then check my post on 80+ Summer Special Drinks & beat the heat 🙂
How to prepare Mango Nannari Fruit Drink
- 1 fully ripen Mango - i used Sendura Mango
- 1 Passion fruit
- 2-3 tbsp nannari syrup - homemade (or) store-bought
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- ice cubes
- Cut mango into small pieces. Cut passion fruit into two halves and squeeze out the juice by rubbing the seeds with the help of fingers. Discard the seeds or use it to garnish drink.
- Blend mango, passion fruit extract, nannari syrup and mint leaves in a mixer or juicer till smooth. Add ice cubes and 1 glass water. Blend it again and serve in glasses.