Apple Butterscotch Nuts Muffin, cinnamon flavored healthy apply & wheat muffin. Instead of butterscotch nuts, you can try adding nuts like almond, pistachio or walnut. After seeing my interest in cake baking, my husband asked me to learn proper baking from a professional. I was following Shyamala madam classes for a long time & finally decided to learn baking from her as she has more than 30 years of experience in this field. We had lots of fun in her class and Of course, got scoldings too for not doing the things properly.
She is very strict when its about following steps or maintaining everything neat and clean. I did learn lots of tips n tricks. After finishing my 4 days class on Baking with Eggs, I tried making 2 cakes following her steps and my family was pleased with the results. It sure makes a lot of difference when you follow a professional’s work. I’m not a Muffin / Cupcake Lover & always love my cakes without cream. But my family is exactly opposite.
Coming to the recipe, I referred my Banana Walnut Muffins recipe. The muffins came out very spongy and full with the flavors. If you do not want to add oil, then replace with half the quantity of butter / curd / milk. It will sure make the difference in texture with each substitute. Some of the other muffin recipes shared in my blog are Banana Walnut Muffins, Ragi Pumpkin Muffins & Nutella Swirl Muffins. Do try this muffin and share your feedback with us.
- 100 gms / 1 cup wheat flour
- ¾ cup finely chopped apple
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg - at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup brown sugar / honey / powdered jaggery
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp crushed butterscotch nuts
- Take a mixing bowl. Break egg and beat it using electric blender or hand whisk till frothy. Add essence and beat again. Add brown sugar and beat again till you get smooth mixture. Now, add olive oil and beat again till smooth. Finally, add milk and beat again for 2 mins.
- Sieve wheat flour, cinnamon powder, salt and baking powder. Move the dry mixture to a bowl. Add chopped apple and crushed butterscotch nuts. Combine well with the flour mixture and make sure no lumps formed.
- Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold the batter. If the batter is too thick, add 1 or 2 tsp milk at a time and fold well. Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins. Grease muffin pan with little flour and dust with flour.
- Take two tablespoon of the muffin batter and drop it in each cups. Keep the pan in middle rack and bake at 180 degrees C for 18-20 mins. Insert a toothpick at the center of the muffin. It should come out clean. Take out the pan from oven and let it cool little bit in the pan for 10 mins. Transfer the muffins on the cooling rack and let it cool completely. Serve them.