Creamy Crab Meat & Butter Beans Pasta, an indian style crab beans pasta recipe flavored with coconut milk and garam masala. This is very creamy and serves 2 person. It is easy to prepare and also rich in protein. The mashed butter beans and coconut milk gives it rich and creamy texture. I have not added any flour for the thickness.
I had few left over fusilli pasta after trying Achari Prawn Pasta. It was very less to serve 2 person. So I prepared this simple crab beans pasta which can be also served as soup or one pot meal. To serve it as soup, you can increase the quantity of water or add vegetable stock instead of water, which will increase its nutrition value. You can also add vegetables like green peas, carrot and beans to make it colorful. Similarly, you can replace crab meat with chicken or prawn. We enjoyed this creamy pasta with whole wheat bread and eggs.
Creamy Crab Meat & Butter Beans Pasta Recipe Card
- 100 gms crab meat
- 40 gms pasta
- ¾ cup dried butter beans - soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 medium sized onion - chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 or 2 tsp black pepper powder - according to your need
- salt to taste
- Soak butter beans in enough water for overnight or maximum of 6 hrs. Remove the skin and pressure cook beans with enough water for 4-5 whistles. Remove from the heat and mash the beans. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a stock pot or pan. Add chopped onions, mint and coriander leaves. Stir well and add ginger-garlic paste. Add crab meat and scramble the meat. Now, Add turmeric powder, pepper powder, garam masala and little salt. Stir well everything.
- Add mashed beans and 2 cup water. Mix well and cook it covered for 8-10 mins. Meanwhile, cook pasta in enough water along with salt and 1 tsp olive oil for 10 mins. Drain the water completely and add this pasta to the crab sauce. Stir well everything. Now, add coconut milk and salt to taste. Adjust the salt and pepper. Cook it covered for another 10-15 mins. Serve hot.