Eggless Oats, Banana & Peanut Butter Muffins, a healthy combination of wheat, oats, banana & peanut butter in a muffin which you can either serve for breakfast or enjoy it with your evening tea / coffee. Once a week, I try to bake cake or muffin to satisfy our taste-buds. We do not like cake / muffins for our breakfast, so we always end up having it as for our evening snacks. I try different combination of ingredients in a muffin and make sure to include any fruit & nuts.
This is a heavy and filling muffin, which you can enjoy as your post workout snack too. I have used whole wheat flour. You can also replace it with multi grain flour for more nutritional benefits. Or try with half the proportion of wheat flour and any millet flour (thinai, ragi, bajra). You can try experimenting with the ingredients. Some of the other muffin recipes shared in my blog are Apple Butterscotch Nuts Muffins, Banana Walnut Muffins, Ragi Pumpkin Muffins & Nutella Swirl Muffins. Do try this muffin recipe and share your feedback with us.
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 medium sized banana - mashed
- ½ cup yogurt / curd
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Mash banana and mix with brown sugar and peanut butter. Blend the mixture using electric blender or hand whisk till smooth and creamy. Now, add curd and beat it again with blender or hand whisk.
- Add milk and beat again for few seconds. Finally, add olive oil and beat again. Keep it aside. Sieve wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix oats with this dry mixture. Add this dry mixture to wet mixture and fold everything well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins. Place cupcake liner in each cups of muffin pan. Take two tablespoon of the muffin batter and drop it in each cups. Keep the pan in middle rack and bake at 180 degrees C for 18-20 mins. Insert a toothpick at the center of the muffin. It should come out clean.
- Take out the pan from oven and let it cool little bit in the pan for 10 mins. Transfer the muffins on the cooling rack and let it cool completely. Serve them.