Paneer Thinai Thaen Ladoo / Paneer & Foxtail Millet Ladoo, one of the easy ladoo recipe which can be prepared in less than 15 mins. This is not only healthy but also delicious & will melt in your mouth. My regular readers knows that I love ladoo and try to mix up various ingredients. In this recipe, I have used the combination of foxtail millet / thinai, paneer / cottage cheese, milk powder and honey. I have used raw honey, which my dad bought recently from yelagiri hills. You can substitute honey with palm jaggery.
To start this festival season, I’m sharing this easy ladoo recipe from my kitchen. There is also one good news which I want to share with my readers. My recipes has once again got published in September Issue of Complete Wellbeing Magazine. I will also share those recipes in my blog. Coming to the recipe, you can substitute thinai with other millets like bajra & samai.
Paneer Thinai Thaen Ladoo
- ¾ cup grated paneer (120 gms)
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp thinai arisi / foxtail millet - cleaned
- ½ cup honey
- Dry roast thinai on low-medium flame till it turns golden brown. Make sure to know burn them. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Blend it in a mixer to coarse powder. Keep it aside. Blend paneer in mixer to smooth paste.
- Heat a non stick pan. Keep the flame to low. Add paneer paste and honey. Stir well till both are mixed together. You will get runny mixture. Switch to low-medium flame. Add cardamom powder. Stir well.
- Add milk powder and stir well everything. Now, Add 1 tbsp thinai powder at a time and stir well. Finally, the mixture will become thick and start leaving the sides of the pan. At this stage, switch off the flame. Let the mixture come to lukewarm stage. Start making ladoo. Greasing your hands is not necessary. Store ladoo in an airtight container.