Tandoori Masala Spiced Mixed Vegetable Curry, healthy mix vegetable curry flavored with homemade tandoori masala powder and coconut. This is one of easy curry preparation which gets ready in less than 30 mins. For other side dish varieties which can be served with chapati, roti or pulao, please check my post on 125 side dish recipes.
You can use any vegetables of your choice like carrot, beans, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, etc.. To make it more healthy, try adding sprouts. To get rich nutty flavor, I have added coconut milk. You can replace it with almond or cashew paste. Those who doesn’t have tandoori powder, can try replacing with garam masala. This curry can be served with roti, chapati or any other indian flat bread variety. Similar way, you can try non-veg curry with chicken, prawn or mutton. You can also try adding some scrambled eggs. But the cooking style will sure differ for non-veg.
This is a watery curry. To make it thick, adjust the quantity of coconut milk and water accordingly. Some of the other recipes made using tandoori powder are Tandoori Pomfret, Tandoori Aloo Broccoli Sabzi & Tandoori Mushroom Tikka.
- 200 gms mushroom - chopped
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice (I have used carrot, beans, yellow pumpkin, green capsicum)
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 medium sized onion - finely chopped
- 2 green chilies - chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp homemade tandoori masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder - optional
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- salt to taste
- Chop all the vegetables and mushroom. Keep it aside. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan or kadai. Add chopped onions and green chilies. Saute a while. Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well. Now, Add all the vegetables and mushroom.
- Stir well. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, tandoori powder and mix everything well. Now, Add ½ cup water and cook it covered on low flame for 10 mins. Add coconut milk, coriander powder and salt to taste. Stir well everything and cook again for another 5-8 mins. Serve hot with roti or any other indian flat bread variety.