Apple Peda, cute little apple shaped peda made of paneer and milkmaid. This is purely a milk sweet since we are using paneer, milkmaid and ghee. You can adjust the sweetness by using the appropriate amount of milkmaid. The same peda can be made with milk powder or plain khoya/ mawa.
For coloring, you can either use color powder or liquid color. If using powder, then use 1 tsp of water and mix color. Since it looks like apple, we call it apple peda, otherwise it can also be known as Paneer Peda. Some of the milk based sweet recipes which can be tried are Chocolate Milk Powder Peda, Paneer Mawa Barfi & Coconut Barfi. This recipe is easy to follow and takes less than 30 mins to prepare along with the coloring part. Do share your feedback if you try this or any other recipes from our blog. Also do not forget to check our 90+ collection of Diwali Sweets & Savories.
Apple Peda Recipe
- 220 gms crumbled paneer / cottage cheese
- 100 gms milkmaid
- 2 tbsp ghee
- edible yellow and red color
- few cloves
- Take crumbled paneer and blend in a mixer to smooth paste. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan. Add paneer paste and stir well on low flame. Add few pinch of yellow color. Now, add milkmaid and cook till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and let it come to lukewarm stage. Make smooth small balls of the mixture. Make small dent at the top center of each peda.
- Insert a clove upside down. Dissolve edible red color in 1 tsp water and with the help of small tip point brush, paint peda. Store peda in an airtight container and serve.