Sweet Corn Adai Dosa, today I’m sharing the recipe of Crepe / Dosa prepared from sweet corn, pearl millet, rice and a combination of 3 dals. This is a healthy, nutritious and protein rich recipe and also vegan. Those who doesn’t want to add bajra, can replace it with any other millet variety.
The other variations which you can try are replacing sweet corn with green leaves like spinach, mudukathan keerai, vegetables like carrot, beetroot etc.. For better results, always serve adai hot. I prepared this recipe for Complete well being Magazine along with 3 other sweet corn based recipes. If you are looking for sweet corn recipes, then do check Sweet Corn Sundal, Sweet Corn Popsicle, Sweet Corn Ladoo & Sweet Corn Paneer Curry.
Sweet Corn Adai Dosa
- 150 gms sweet corn
- 150 gms pearl millet / bajra / kambu
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 150 gms raw rice
- ½ cup urad dal / black gram
- ¼ cup toor dal / split pigeon peas
- ¼ cup channa dal / Bengal gram
- 5 dry red chilies
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- Asofoetida / hing – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- 1 stick curry leaves
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coconut
- Soak sweet corn in enough water for 4-5 hours. Mix raw rice, pearl millet, black gram, bengal gram, fenugreek seeds and split pigeon peas together in a bowl. Wash them and soak in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain the water completely from sweet corn and mix together with other grains mixture. Wash them well and drain the water completely.
- With the help of grinder or mixer, blend the mixture along with dry red chilies to smooth paste. Blend them in batches. Add 1 or 2 tbsp water while grinding. Transfer the batter to a container.
- Add asofoetida, cumin powder and salt. Mix everything well. Now, blend coconut, onion and ginger to smooth paste adding little water. Mix this paste with prepared batter. Add little water and prepare batter of pouring consistency like dosa batter.
- Heat a tava or non-stick frying pan. Grease with little oil / ghee. Pour a ladle full of batter and spread it evenly.
- Add little oil / ghee all over the edges and cook both the sides. Remove from the heat and serve hot with chutney, kurma or sambar.