Healthy Moong Sprouts Cutlet is a healthy, vegan and protein rich tea time snacks recipe which can be prepared in less than 30 mins. Here, I have added sweet potato instead of potato for more health benefits. You can either shallow fry or bake these cutlets till done. For extra crunchiness, add ground peanuts or vegetables like carrot, green peas & beans.
Moong Sprouts can be either added raw or boiled for few mins before mixing with other ingredients. You can replace moong sprouts with other sprouts varieties or a combination of one or two sprouts. Overall, this is a guilt free snacks which can be enjoyed by any age group people. With moong sprouts, I have shared few more recipes like Moong sprouts Sambar, Potato Moong Sprouts Sandwich, Sprouts Kurma & Beetroot Egg Sprouts curry.
Moong Sprouts Cutlet Recipe Card
- 50 gms moong sprouts / green gram sprouts / mulaikattiya payatham paruppu
- 140 gms boiled & mashed sweet potato
- 4 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp amchur powder / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- Salt to taste
- Blend moong sprouts in a mixer grinder to coarse paste. Mix it with all the other ingredients and keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat a pan for shallow frying. Grease the pan with little oil and switch to low-medium flame.
- Make small tikka / cutlet and shallow fry them. Add 1 tsp oil to each cutlet and cook till it turns golden brown on both the sides. Serve hot with mint chutney.