Zucchini Carrot Muffins, a healthy combination of zucchini and carrot with a hint of garam masala to give Indian touch. These muffins can be served as breakfast or evening dessert. Those who want to avoid eggs can adjust the quantity of yogurt and milk & can also add butter / oil accordingly.
On our recent trip to Ooty, we had bought zucchini, table radish, beetroot and other few vegetables. I used zucchini to prepare dal, salad, stir-fried and finally used to prepare this muffins. I had also tried zucchini taco shells but it was a failure.
These muffins can also be enjoyed as post workout food as they give filling satisfaction. Instead of oats, try adding millet flours for additional health benefits. Some of the spice powders which you can add are cardamom powder, nutmeg powder or cinnamon powder. For extra crunchiness, add chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds. They not only add crunchiness but are also healthy.
Some of the other muffin recipes shared in my blog are Apple Butterscotch Nuts Muffins, Banana Walnut Muffins, Ragi Pumpkin Muffins & Nutella Swirl Muffins. Do try this muffin recipe and share your feedback with us.
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup grated zucchini
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of garam masala
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp milk or more if needed
- Remove excess water from grated zucchini by squeezing it. Mix zucchini and grated carrot. Sieve wheat flour and baking powder. Transfer to a bowl. Add garam masala and oats. Mix well everything. Finally, add grated zucchini carrot mixture and mix them with fingers to avoid lumps.
- Take another bowl and add yogurt. Beat it using hand whisk or electric beater for few seconds. Add eggs without shells and beat again till you get smooth and creamy mixture. Then, add honey and beat again. Add this dry mixture to wet mixture and fold everything well. If the batter becomes too thick, then add 1 tbsp milk.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 mins. Take muffin pan and grease the cavities. Take two tablespoon of the muffin batter and drop it in each cups. Keep the pan in middle rack and bake at 180 degrees C for 15 mins. Insert a toothpick at the center of the muffin. It should come out clean. Take out the pan from oven and let it cool little bit in the pan for 10 mins. Transfer the muffins on the cooling rack and let it cool completely. Serve them.