Grilled Rajma Masala Sandwich, a healthy and vegan friendly snacks recipe which is easy to prepare and makes a great lunch box recipe for kids. I have not used butter or cheese here. But those who like it, can include them to. Instead of using a cheese slice, try adding few crumbled paneer which after grilled gives a cheesy texture to the sandwich. For additional taste, add sandwich masala powder while assembling sandwich. The same recipe can be tried with any vegetables. Use mint chutney or gongura chutney as spread for the tangy flavor.
Some of the sandwich recipes shared in my blog, Bakery Style Sandwich, Grilled Omelet Sandwich with Gongura Chutney, Grilled Paneer Sandwich, Grilled Carrot & Green Peas Sandwich, & Potato & Moong Sprouts Sandwich. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
- 6 whole wheat bread slices
- ½ cup rajma / red kidney beans - soaked overnight in enough water
- ¼ cup boiled potato cubes
- 1 medium sized onion - finely chopped
- 1 tomato - finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- asofoetida / hing - a pinch
- salt to taste
- Pressure cook rajma beans with enough water for 10 whistles on low-medium flame. Remove from the heat and allow the pressure to settle down. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadai. Temper mustard seeds. Now, Add chopped onions and saute a while.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Now, Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well. Add cooked rajma beans with the water. Give a stir. Add potato cubes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, asofoetida and salt to taste. Mix well everything and add ½ cup water. Cook it covered on low flame for 10 mins or till you get dry masala.
- To prepare grilled sandwich, take a bread slice. Spread 1 or 2 tbsp of rajma masala mixture. Cover this with another bread slice. Place it in a sandwich maker or grill sandwich maker or grill or just fry on tava. I have used Grill Sandwich Maker. Prepare it according to the instruction given in the manual of sandwich maker. Cut into slices and serve.