Avocado Sandwich with Vegetables & Paneer is a healthy and filling sandwich recipe which can be even packed for lunch box. Use mint coriander chutney or green chutney for Indian touch. Avocado can be smashed or cut into thin slices. I didn’t use cheese slice, but instead made use of grated paneer. Those who prefer to add cheese, can try cheese slice or grated mozzarella / cheddar cheese. Green chutney can also be replaced by Gongura chutney for a south Indian twist of taste.
Other vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, mashed fresh green peas or even lentils can be added along with the other ingredients to make it more healthy and nutritious. On the whole, this sandwich is a wholesome meal which keeps your tummy full. With Avocado, you can try recipes like Drumstick Avocado Soup & Oats Avocado Nuts Ball.
Some of the sandwich recipes shared in my blog, Bakery Style Sandwich, Grilled Omelet Sandwich with Gongura Chutney, Grilled Paneer Sandwich, Grilled Carrot & Green Peas Sandwich, & Potato & Moong Sprouts Sandwich. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
- 6 small whole wheat bread slices
- ½ cup smashed avocado
- ¼ cup mashed potato
- ¼ cup grated paneer
- 15-16 cucumber slices
- 1 medium sized onion – cut into thin slices
- 1 big tomato – cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- Mint-coriander chutney for spread
- Take a bowl. Add mashed potato, avocado, grated paneer, salt and pepper. Mix everything well. Keep it aside. To assemble the sandwich, take a bread slice. Now, take a spoonful of avocado mixture and spread it nicely on one side of the bread slice. Take a spoonful of mint chutney and spread it over avocado mixture.
- Place a layer of tomato, cucumber & onion slices over mint chutney layer. Now, place a layer of shredded cabbage and cover it with another bread slice. Preheat Sandwich Maker and Place Sandwich carefully. Press the sandwich gently to arrange everything well in place. Grill the sandwich till done and serve hot with tea / coffee.