Carrot Peanut Butter Cake, a rich and buttery Carrot Cake recipe which can be served as tea time snacks or packed for kid’s lunch. This cake is moist, dense and filled with the aroma of peanut butter. Pearl Millet / Bajra Flour can be replaced by any millet flour or oats. Similarly, palm jaggery can be replaced by brown sugar or honey. Brandy essence is an optional ingredient. It can be replaced by vanilla essence. Those of you are allergic to peanuts, can skip it and replace with almond butter or dairy butter.
Ever since I have bought mini bundt cake pans, I’m trying a lot of bundt cakes, they look beautiful with lot of textures. Some of the cake recipes made with egg, shared in my blog, Bundt Fruit Cake, Chocolate Beetroot Cake, Peach Upside Down Cake, Pumpkin Coffee Cake & Honey Peanut Butter Cake. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup bajra / pearl millet flour / kambu maavu
- 1 and ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp brandy essence - optional
- ½ cup / 70 gms unsalted butter
- ½ cup powdered palm jaggery
- ¼ cup carrot juice
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Sieve wheat, bajra flour and baking powder. Transfer to a bowl. Add grated carrot to flour mixture and mix well with hands. Take another mixing bowl and add butter. Beat it using hand whisk or electric beater till smooth. Add one egg at a time and beat again till you get smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add peanut butter, carrot juice and brandy essence. Beat again till smooth. Add powdered jaggery and beat again. Now, add milk and beat for few seconds. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold everything well. Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 mins. Take a Bundt pan and grease with butter and dust with flour.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake at 180 degree C for 30 mins or till the cake is done. Remove cake from the oven once it is done. Let it cool down for 10 mins. Carefully remove cake from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack. Cut them into slices and serve.