Easy Heart Shaped Cake Pops, a very simple cake pops recipe which doesn’t require icing or frosting. Those who prefer frosting, can try with Nutella. The recipe is very simple. The cake crumbs are mixed with condensed milk and formed into rounds balls. Press each ball to form a disc and cut into heart shape using a cookie cutter. Coat the cake pops with cocoa powder and decorate it with your imagination.
With various types of cookie cutters, you can give different shapes to this easy cake pops. Toothpicks are basically used to hold the cake pops. I have only white and gold sprinkles, those are alone used here for decoration. If the cake crumbles are too dry, then you may need to add more condensed milk. I have used the crumbles of Vegan Millet Sugarcane Cake, which were too moist, so I had to use only 1/2 tbsp of condensed milk to bind the cake pops. After coating the cake pops with cocoa powder, keep them in refrigerator for at-least 15 minutes. Later, brush the cake pops with either milk or water, which in turn helps to stick color sprinkles. Try this easy dessert for the coming Valentine’s Day and impress your loved ones.
Easy Heart Shaped Cake Pops
- 2 cup crumbled cake (vanilla or chocolate cake)
- Condensed milk – according to your need
- Color sprinkles – for decoration
- Cocoa powder
- Water or milk
- Small heart shaped cookie cutter
- Tooth pick
- Take crumbled cake in a mixing bowl. If the cake is dry, you may need to add more condensed milk for the binding. For moist cake, one or 2 tbsp of condensed milk is enough. Now mix with the crumbled cake and make a smooth dough.
- You can either make small ladoo shaped balls or use a small heart shaped cookie cutter for the shape. If making round balls, make sure there are no cracks in the ball. It should be very smooth.
- For heart shaped cake pops, take the dough and divide into small balls. Press a ball lightly and keep the cookie cutter over that. Gently press the cutter and carefully remove the cake pop. Similarly, proceed with the remaining dough.
- Place the cake pops on a foil sheet covered tray. Keep it in refrigerator for 30 minutes or till the cake pops are set. Now, take them out and dust with cocoa powder. Make sure the cake pops are fully covered with cocoa powder. Take a heart cake pop and insert a toothpick right across the cake pop.
- Place the cake pops again in refrigerator for 15 mins. Take 1 tbsp of water or milk in a bowl. Take out the cake pops from the refrigerator. Brush them lightly with water / milk. Sprinkle colored sprinkles.