Oreo Muffins, a perfect combination of chocolate and butter with cinnamon flavor, topped with crushed oreo biscuits, these muffins are moist and dense. If you do not wish to add egg, then replace it with banana or curd or adjust the quantity of milk accordingly. Honey can be replaced by brown sugar or powdered jaggery.
I have also shared the recipe for Fried Oreo in my blog, which you can later refer. These muffins makes a great party time dessert for kids or after school snacks. If you do not like the flavor of cinnamon, you can totally avoid it. Butter can be replaced by olive oil. I have used whole wheat flour here.
Wheat flour can be substituted with all purpose flour / multi-grain flour or a combination of millet and wheat flour. For fruity flavor, try adding chopped fruits like apple. To make this muffin even moire crunchy, try adding chopped nuts like walnuts, almonds. Some of the other muffin recipes shared in my blog are Apple Butterscotch Nuts Muffins, Banana Walnut Muffins, Ragi Pumpkin Muffins & Nutella Swirl Muffins. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 10 Oreo biscuits or more if needed
- Crush Oreo biscuits and keep aside. Beat butter in a mixing bowl using hand whisk or electric beater till smooth and creamy. Add 1 egg and beat it again. Now, add honey and beat again till everything blends well. Add milk and beat again.
- Sieve wheat flour and baking powder. Add cinnamon powder and cocoa powder to the flour mixture. Mix everything well. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold everything well. Add half of the crushed Oreo biscuit mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Grease a muffin pan and keep muffin liners. Put 1 or 2 tbsp of muffin batter to each muffin cups. Top with the remaining crushed Oreo biscuits. Bake at 180 degree C for 15-18 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick at the center of the muffin. It should come out clean. Take out the pan from oven and let it cool little bit in the pan for 10 mins. Transfer the muffins on the cooling rack and let it cool completely. Serve them.