Chutney Cheese Toast Recipe, an Indian style open toast recipe flavored with mint coriander chutney. This is very easy to prepare and makes a great after school snacks for kids. For the chutney, try replacing mint with gongura leaves for a unique taste. Recipe for gongura chutney can be found here. Mint coriander chutney / green chutney should be very thick and easy to spread. If watery, bread will become soggy. I’ve used cheddar cheese here. You can also try with mozzarella cheese. If preparing this recipe for small kids, do not use green chilies, instead add pepper powder. Boiled corns or green peas can be added along with green capsicum. Try adding different combination of vegetables to make it more colorful. I have used less cheese, as I do not like anything cheesy other than pizza 🙂
Some of the sandwich recipes shared in my blog, Avocado Sandwich with Vegetables & Paneer, Grilled Rajma Masala Sandwich, Potato & Moong Sprouts Sandwich, Grilled Carrot & Green Peas Sandwich, Oats & Rava Bread Toast, Bakery Style Sandwich, Grilled Omelet Sandwich & Grilled Paneer Sandwich. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
- 4 whole wheat bread slices
- 1 tomato – finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped green capsicum
- butter – to spread
- ¼ cup Red Chili flakes (or) chopped green chilies
- grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese – according to your need
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 green chilies – chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coconut
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- salt to taste
- ½ lemon juice
- To prepare chutney, grind all the above mentioned ingredients in a mixie to smooth paste without adding water. Transfer to a bowl. Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Take a baking tray and cover with foil sheet. Keep it aside. To prepare toast, take a bread slice and cut into two or 4 halves.
- Take a half bread slice and spread butter on one side. Take a tsp of chutney and spread it over butter nicely. Top with some chopped tomato and green capsicum. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and chili flakes. Arrange bread slices on baking tray and bake in oven for 5-8 minutes. Serve hot.