Coconut Bread with Yeast, a simple yet aromatic and also healthy bread, flavored with coconut. This bread is soft and chewy. Slice this bread and toast with garlic & butter, you would love it. There is something about homemade bread, which makes you say no to store bought ones. The aroma of fresh baked bread from the kitchen gives your stressful mind a little boost.
Though Maida gives a little change in the texture of the bread, I’m trying to totally avoid this particular ingredient and creating my food as much as healthy as possible. Those who doesn’t like wheat bread, can replace wheat flour with maida. Coconut milk can replaced by dairy milk. This is an easy to follow recipe. For crunchiness, try adding chopped walnuts or almonds, which makes the bread even more nutritious. Similar yeasted bread recipes, Beets, Walnut & Whole Wheat Bread, Mushroom Masala Stuffed Multigrain Bun, Jam Bread Rolls (with Sandwich Masala Powder), Egg-less Orange & Tutti Frutti Bread, Dilkush Buns / Coconut & Cherry Stuffed Buns & White Bread. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us.
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp yeast
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or) coconut oil
- Take lukewarm water and mix sugar. Make sure it is dissolved completely. Add yeast and stir it. Close it and keep aside for 10 mins till it becomes frothy. Add coconut milk to it and mix well. Meanwhile, sieve wheat flour and salt. Combine in a wide mixing bowl. Add oats and desiccated coconut and mix well. Make sure to mix well with the flour to avoid lumps.
- Add frothy yeast to it and mix with the spoon. The dough will be sticky. Use hands and knead it for 5-10 mins. Add little flour and knead to a smooth dough. Grease it with little oil. Take a bowl and grease with little oil. Now keep the dough in bowl and cover it with a neat kitchen towel. Keep it in a warm place for 1-2 hours (or you can preheat oven for 2 mins and keep the bowl inside).
- The dough will double up in size. Punch the dough down and knead until smooth. Either place this in a greased loaf pan or just shape it to any form and place on a greased baking tray. Keep it in a warm place and let it rise for another 30-40 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C for 10 mins. Keep the loaf pan in middle rack and bake for 25-30 mins. The time varies for each oven. Transfer bread to a cooling rack and let it cool down completely. Slice it and serve.