Ginger Garlic Tofu Curry Recipe, a creamy coconut based curry with an Indian touch of turmeric powder and garam masala. Use either chopped ginger garlic or crush them in a mortar pestle before adding to the curry. This way the flavor of ginger garlic blends well with the curry. Serve this piping hot curry with toasted bread or steamed rice.
You can also add lemon grass in this recipe. If you are looking for homemade tofu recipe, you can check my recipe. I have also shared Chettinad Tofu Masala & Tofu Tikka Masala. Try this curry for the weekend, which is easy to prepare and doesn’t require much effort. I had prepared this curry with homemade Tofu, which not only gave me satisfaction but was also very delicious n creamy. You can substitute tofu with paneer or add cauliflower or broccoli.
Some of the easy paneer recipes where you can replace paneer with tofu, Kadai Paneer, Paneer Makhani, Paalak Paneer, Egg Paneer Onion Masala & Paneer Kofta in Spinach Sauce. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us..
- 150 gms Tofu cubes
- 1 inch ginger & 3 big garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 medium sized carrot – chopped
- ¼ cup spring onion whites - chopped
- ¼ cup chopped spring onion
- 2 green chilies – chopped
- 250 ml coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Black pepper powder – according to your need
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp tomato chili sauce
- 1 tsp corn flour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- Heat 1 tbsp gingelly oil in a pan. Add crushed ginger and garlic. Cook till it turns golden brown. Add chopped spring onion whites, greens and chilies. Stir well.
- Add chopped carrot, turmeric powder, tomato chili sauce and pepper powder. Mix well everything.
- Add soya sauce and stir well. Now, Add vegetable stock and coconut milk. Cook it covered for 10 minutes. Add tofu cubes and salt to taste. Cook for another 10 minutes. Add corn flour dissolved water and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot with rice or toasted bread.