Hare Chane ke Kebab, today I’m going to share the recipe for a protein rich and healthy kebab to serve with your evening cup of chai / tea. These kebab make a perfect appetizer or evening snacks or you can even pack it for your kids lunch. Hara Chana can be replaced by Kabuli Chana or Rajma. For more nutritional benefits, try adding vegetables like carrot, beans, peas or paneer. In addition to vegetables, you can also chopped spinach.
If you do not wish to add raw mango, then replace it with 1 tsp lemon juice. These patties will just melt in your mouth. Some of the recipes I’ve tried with dry green chickpeas, Hare Chane Ki Dal aur Methi Muthia & Hare Chane ki Kichadi. The same recipe can be tried with fresh green chickpeas, but since I do no get these in Chennai, I’ve tried the recipe with dried chickpeas. If you are looking for more cutlet recipes, then do check Baked Paneer Millet Cutlet, Mixed Veg Cutlet, Beetroot Chickpeas Cutlet & Peanut Cabbage Cutlet. If you have tried any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us.
- 1 cup dry green channa / chickpeas – soaked overnight in water
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 green chilies – chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp grated raw mango
- 3 tbsp chopped spinach
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 or 2 tbsp besan / gram flour
- salt to taste
- Pressure cook green channa with enough water for 4-5 whistles. Remove from the heat and drain the water completely. Reserve the water for later use. You can use the watery to prepare any curry. Combine all the ingredients except besan and blend together with cooked channa to coarse paste. Add little water if needed. Transfer the paste to a bowl.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp besan and knead to smooth dough. Close it and keep aside for 1 hour. You can either deep fry, shallow fry or bake these kebab. Make small patties of the dough and shallow fry them in a pan with little oil. Cook till it turns golden brown on both the sides. Serve kebab with mint chutney and tamarind chutney.