Mango Iced Tea, a very refreshing and healthy iced tea recipe prepared with mango pulp and black tea. You can also use green tea instead of black tea. For additional flavors, try adding cinnamon, nutmeg or cardamom. I’m not a tea person and do not like hot drinks except for soup. Let it be payasam or porridge, I prefer to have it chilled. I had fruit flavored iced tea first time on our trip to USA. Since then, I’ve tried iced tea with many flavors.
I prefer to not add any sweetener in iced tea as we are already adding fruits. Prepare this iced tea in bulk and keep in refrigerator. Serve chilled and enjoy. Similar cold drink recipes shared in my blog, Cashew Apple Lemonade, Mango Nannari Syrup Sharbat, Fig Lemonade, Strawberry Lassi & Cardamom Sharbat. If you are looking for more number of Summer Special Drinks, then do check my page. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback.
- 2 tea bags of any brand
- 1 big Ripe Mango
- 500 ml water
- honey / sugar - according to your need
- 1 lemon - cut into thin slices
- mint leaves - for garnishing
- ice cubes
- Heat 500 ml water in a pan. Once it starts boiling, add tea bags and let it boil for 2-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard tea bags. Once tea comes to room temperature keep it in refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, take mango and remove the skin. Chop pulp and blend to fine paste. Now, mix this paste with iced tea and add lemon slices. Keep in refrigerator. Before serving, pour tea in a tall glass or mason jar, add 2 tbsp honey / sugar, ice cubes and mint leaves. Serve it chilled and enjoy.