Tandoori Aloo Recipe, marinated baby potatoes grilled to perfection. Use baby potatoes or medium sized potatoes for this recipe. If using medium sized potatoes, then dice them into cubes and then marinate with the masala. Serve tandoori aloo with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
This recipe is very easy to prepare. If you do not have oven, then cook them in a grill pan or shallow fry the potatoes. The same way you can use other vegetables like mushroom, cauliflower, broccoli, paneer, tofu, baby corn,etc.. These grilled potatoes are very addictive and kids would surely love this. If preparing this for kids, then adjust the quantity of chili powder accordingly. If you do not have amchur powder, then use 1 tbsp of lemon juice. You can also try this recipe by using achari spices instead of tandoori spice powder. These potatoes can be used to prepare kathi rolls or wraps. Use shredded vegetables and green chutney when preparing wraps.
Some of the tandoori recipes shared in my blog, Tandoori Pomfret, Tandoori Aloo Broccoli Sabzi, Tandoori Mushroom Tikka, Tandoori Masala Spiced Mixed Vegetable Curry, Tandoori Masala Powder & Tandoori Chicken. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us.
How to prepare Tandoori Aloo Recipe
- 15 baby potatoes
- ½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp hung curd / yogurt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp tandoori masala powder (or) garam masala
- ½ tsp amchur / dry mango powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash baby potatoes to remove dirt and mud. Pressure cook with enough water for 1 whistle. Remove from the heat and drain the water completely. Use them as whole or cut into two halves.
- Combine all the above mentioned ingredients in a mixing bowl and marinate baby potatoes with the prepared masala. Close it and keep aside for 1 or 2 hour.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes in grill / broil mode. Take a baking tray and place foil sheet. Grease with little oil.
- Place marinated baby potatoes over foil sheet and grill for 10 minutes. Remove the tray from oven and give potatoes a stir. Grill again for 10 minutes. Serve them with green chutney.