Curd Sevai / Thayir Sevai, today we are going to see a very healthy and also easy recipe made with instant rice sevai. Instant rice sevai is a dry one which you can find in any supermarkets. Instead of using instant sevai, you can also try this with idiyappam. After preparing idiyappam, chop them into bits and use to prepare curd sevai / plain sevai upma / veg sevai / sevai biryani. There are many variations you can try with instant sevai. Just follow the instructions mentioned in the packet to cook sevai. In this recipe, I have only grated carrot. You can also add roasted cashews or raisin or even pomegranates.
Curd Sevai can be tried for lunch or dinner. Serve this with pickle and papad. This is so easy to prepare that even bachelors or kids can try. Some of the easy lunch box recipes shared in my blog, Instant Tomato Rice, Masoor Dal Khichdi, Egg Rice, Saamai Thayir Sadam & Pudina Rice. If you try any of my recipes, do share your feedback with us.
How to Prepare Curd Sevai
- 2-3 cup Instant Sevai (I have used Manna Brand Sevai)
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 2 green chilies - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- ½ cup milk
- 1 and ½ cup curd or more if needed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilies
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- Heat enough water in a pan. Once it starts boiling, switch off the flame and keep aside. Add instant sevai and close the pan. Once sevai turns tender(not mushy), drain the water completely. Transfer sevai to a bowl.
- Add curd and milk. Mix everything well. Add chopped green chilies, grated carrot, grated ginger, coriander leaves and salt to taste. Mix everything well. For tempering, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, dry chilies and curry leaves. Add this tempering to curd sevai. Adjust salt if needed and serve with pickle and appalam / papad.