Gond ke Ladoo / Healthy Dry Fruits Ladoo, learn how to prepare healthy ladoo made from wheat flour, dry fruits, gond, jaggery and ghee with step by step photos. Gond Ladoo are famous in the northern parts of India and are made during winter. When I searched in google about its health benefits, I found out that gond ladoo generate heat so it should not be given to pregnant ladies, whereas, lactating mothers can have this for the strength.
Gond Ladoo are high in calories because of all the nuts added so it should be eaten in moderate amount. You can serve this to kids to improve their stamina and also to the kids who are underweight. I have not seen badam gond in any supermarkets or grocery stores here in Chennai. I bought this in Nuts and Spices. I’m not sure if its available online. You can give a try in naatu marundhu kadai (Country Medicine Shop).
The recipe is adapted from healthyvegrecipes.com . I always prepare dry fruits and nuts powder and mix with hot / cold milk. I have used the same powder to prepare this ladoo. If you do not have nuts powder, then take almond, pistachio, cashews and raisins in the equal amount and roast & grind. You can also prepare nuts powder just like I do and use it in halwa, barfi or milkshakes.
With the below mentioned quantity, you will get 18-20 ladoo of small size. Badam gond is roasted in ghee till it puffs up and then grind with other ingredients. I have not added dry coconut here. You can add sugar if you don’t like the taste of jaggery.
I have shared more than 30 varieties of ladoo which you can refer to try this Diwali. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us. Also do not forget to check the recipe of another healthy dish prepared from Badam gond.
Gond ke Ladoo
- 1 and ¼ cup wheat flour
- 4 tbsp badam gond / edible gum
- ¼ cup dry dates powder
- ¼ cup powdered jaggery
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp dry fruits and nuts powder
- 1 tbsp khus khus / poppy seeds
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 8-10 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Wheat Dry Fruits Ladoo
- Take a pan or kadhai. Add 2 tbsp ghee and roast gond till it puffs up and looks crispy. It may take around 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and keep aside. Grind gond in a mixer to coarse powder. Now, add dates powder, jaggery, cardamom powder, nuts powder, poppy seeds and nutmeg powder. Grind everything together. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same ghee, roast wheat flour for few minutes. Add another 2 tbsp of ghee and roast flour till nice aroma comes. Cook on low flame. Now, add ground mixture and mix well everything. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Add 1 tbsp ghee at a time and cook till you get the mixture of holding consistency. You should be able to roll them into ladoo.
- The mixture will look wet. This is the right consistency. Switch off the flame. Grease your palm with ghee and start making ladoo when it is hot. If you feel the mixture dries, then add little ghee and roll them into ladoo. Store them in an airtight container and serve.