Pori Urundai Recipe, today we will see how to prepare pori urundai / murmura ladoo using puffed rice, jaggery, ghee and water. I made Pori Urundai after Vijayadashmi and was waiting for the right time to post it. Pori Urundai is very healthy and weight watchers can absolutely enjoy this delicious ladoo without any guilt.
If you want to make it vegan, then avoid ghee and replace with oil. Jaggery is cooked to the stage where you should be able to roll the syrup into a ball. At this stage, pori is added and mixed well with the syrup. Then roll them into balls. The recipe is very simple and can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. I have shared Pori Chikki, Pori Upma and Masala Pori recipes.
Pori Urundai Recipe
- 2 cup pori / puffed rice
- ½ cup jaggery
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- few pinch of cardamom powder
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Pori Urundai
- Combine cardamom powder and puffed rice in a bowl. Heat ghee in a pan or kadhai. Add jaggery and water. Let it dissolve completely. Strain jaggery water to remove any impurities or dust. Now, heat it again on low medium flame. Keep stirring it. Now, keep a bowl of water ready.
- Keep cooking jaggery syrup. Once bubbles appear, take a drop of syrup and put in water. If you are able to roll the syrup into a small ball then the syrup is ready. If not, then continue cooking. It took around 8-10 minutes for me to achieve the correct stage. Once you are able to roll into a small ball, switch off the flame and add puffed rice.
- Now, mix everything together. Once the mixture reaches lukewarm stage, wet your hand lightly and start making urundai. I got 8 medium sized pori urundai. Store them in an airtight container and serve.