Vallarai Keerai Cutlet / Sakkaravalli Kizhangu Cutlet, learn how to prepare brahmi leaves tikki made from sweet potato, vallarai keerai, besan, poha and mint leaves. I have explained the recipe with step by step photos.
Vallarai Keerai Cutlet Recipe
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 50 gms chopped vallarai keerai
- 120 gms boiled and mashed sweet potato
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- 2 tbsp besan / kadalai maavu / gram flour
- 2 tbsp aval powder / poha powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Please check below for the instructions.
How to make Brahmi Leaves Cutlet
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai or pan. Add chopped onions and saute a while. Now, add chopped keerai and cook for 5 minutes on low medium flame. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Take a mixing bowl and add mashed sweet potato, cooked keerai, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, lemon juice, chopped mint leaves, salt, besan and aval powder. Mix well everything and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or tava. Pour one or 2 tbsp of oil. Take cutlet dough and make small balls. Take a ball and press it lightly with your fingers to form a disc. Shallow fry till it turns golden brown on both the sides. Similary the other batches. If you want to bake them, then follow my Baked Paneer Cutlet recipe. Serve cutlet with green or tamarind chutney.