Glace Cherry Muffins / Butter-less Wheat Orange Muffins, how to prepare an easy muffin recipe made using eggs, wheat flour, olive oil, glace cherries, orange and marmalade with simple steps. I made 7 muffins and 1 small cake with the below mentioned quantity.
Glace Cherry Muffins are very simple to prepare. To make eggless muffins, replace eggs with curd (yogurt) or buttermilk or milk. Chop glace cherries (candied cherries) to small pieces and dust with some flour, otherwise cherries will settle at the bottom of the muffins while baking. If you do not wish to add olive oil then replace it with butter. Wheat flour can be replaced by maida / all purpose flour or even multi grain flour.
Try glace cherry muffins for this christmas and impress your loved ones with its spongy and moist texture. These muffins can also be packed for kids snack box. You can also do some frosting. Orange juice gives a nice golden color to the muffins. Try to use fresh orange juice. I prepared juice from two medium sized oranges.
Some of the other muffin recipes shared in my blog, Banana Walnut Muffins, Apple Butterscotch Nuts Muffin, Peanut Butter Muffins, Eggless Jam Muffins and Oreo Muffins. If you try any of my recipes, then do share your feedback with us.
Glace Cherry Muffins Recipe
- 100 gms / ¾ cup wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped candied orange peels
- ½ cup chopped glace cherries
- 2 tbsp orange marmalade
- ½ cup brown sugar / honey / refined sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp brandy essence - optional
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Please check the instructions below.
How to prepare Orange Muffins
- Finely chop glace cherries and dust with some flour. Keep aside. Sieve wheat flour, baking powder and salt to taste. Keep aside. Take a mixing bowl and add eggs, brown sugar, vanilla essence and brandy essence. Whip them smooth using an electric beater or hand whisk.
- Add orange marmalade and orange juice. Beat them again. Now, add olive oil and beat it again. Add chopped orange peels, glace cherries and mix well. Finally, add dry flour mixture and fold everything well. Preheat oven to 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Pour the batter in muffin cups. I have used 7 muffin cups and a small cake / pudding pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Muffins got ready in 25 minutes but cake took 30 minutes. If baking a cake, then first set the timer to 25 minutes. Now, cover the top of the cake with a foil sheet and bake again till a toothpick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove muffins and cake from the oven. Let it cool and then serve.